one (eight ounce) bundle egg noodles
- three tablespoons butter
- one/2 pound bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 1 dash garlic salt
- Add all components to record
- Add all substances to checklist
- Fill a huge pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil in excess of high heat. Stir in the egg noodles return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, right up until the noodles are cooked by means of, but still firm to the bite, about five minutes. Drain return to the pot and stir in the butter.
- Meanwhile, location the bacon in a big, deep skillet, and cook over medium-substantial heat, turning occasionally, till evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Area the onion into the skillet with the bacon grease, and cook and stir over medium heat till the onion begins to soften, about two minutes. Stir in the cabbage, and cook and stir till wilted, about 5 minutes. Chop the bacon, add it to the skillet, and cook until finally the cabbage is tender, about ten minutes. Stir in the noodles, and proceed cooking just till heated via.