A buttery crust is constantly a winner, but when it comes to potpie, it is what's within that counts. Attempt this classic model then discover these fresh filling concepts: Curried Chicken Mushroom-Marjoram Chicken Tomato-Corn Chicken.
For the Crust
- one one/four cups all-function flour (spooned and leveled), plus much more for perform surface
- one teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- one/two cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, minimize into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 to five tablespoons ice water
For the Filling
- five tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, diced small (2 cups)
- two garlic cloves, minced
- 1/two cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- three cups shredded cooked chicken (15 ounces)
- one/three cup fresh parsley, chopped
Roll your dough a couple inches more substantial than your dish: Folding it up and in excess of, pinching as you go, varieties a beautiful decorative edge.
To make potpies ahead of time, let the filling awesome, then assemble and freeze for up to 4 months. Bake at 425 degrees, 1 1/four hours (1 hour for little pies).