Make homemade strawberry topping sauce for your desserts or breakfast employing fresh strawberries with this basic ten minute recipe. When strawberries aren’t in season, use frozen strawberries as an alternative.
Right after publishing no bake cheesecake jars, I figured a completely separate post for the strawberry topping sauce would be appreciated! I in fact produced a triple batch of it last week when strawberries were on mega sale and froze the sauce in freezer tupperwares. (Freezes and thaws like a dream!)
But this strawberry dessert topping has in fact been an important for years, pairing with every little thing like pound cake, cheesecake, ice cream, and strawberry french toast casserole. I have loads more suggestions beneath and yes, this stuff is entirely acceptable at breakfast!
Why You’ll Really like This Homemade Strawberry Topping
- five simple components
- 10 minutes
- Practically nothing artificial
- No preservatives
- Manufactured from real strawberries
- Supremely versatile
What You Want
- Fresh or frozen strawberries: Hulled & halved.
- Cornstarch + water: Combine the two to produce a slurry. Without having mixing with water, the cornstarch will depart white chunks in your strawberry sauce.
- Lemon juice + zest: Keeps the flavor brilliant. The sauce won’t taste like lemon, I promise!
- Sugar: Just ample to sweeten the sauce without having taking away from the strawberry’s normal flavor.
I contain a strawberry compote recipe with my brown butter pound cake. This strawberry topping sauce is virtually identical, but I use a tiny significantly less cornstarch here. Today’s strawberry sauce is on the thicker side, but it’s not really as thick as the compote. The compote is closer to a jam consistency.
How to Make Strawberry Sauce
This strawberry sauce cooks on the stove in about ten minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water with each other.
- Area every thing, including the cornstarch mixture, into a medium saucepan. Mash the strawberries a bit with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. This helps the release the juices and cooks down the strawberries.
- Carry to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. The sauce will get started to thicken.
- Eliminate from heat and allow strawberry sauce to great.
This is a chunkier design strawberry sauce, providing great texture to no bake cheesecake, waffles, biscuits, and so considerably far more. But the volume of strawberry chunks is up to you. For less chunks, mash up the strawberries a minor far more as the sauce cooks.