- 12 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 4 cups chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons canning salt
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- one green bell pepper, chopped
- six cups white sugar
- 2 one/two cups white vinegar
- one tablespoon cornstarch
- three/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- three/four teaspoon ground turmeric
- one 1/two teaspoons celery seed
- one/two teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all substances to record
- Include all components to listing
- Area the zucchini and onion in a massive, non-metallic bowl, and sprinkle the salt overtop. Use your hands to evenly mix the salt all through the zucchini. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, drain the zucchini in a colander, and rinse effectively with great water. Squeeze out excess water and set aside. Place the red and green bell pepper, sugar, vinegar, and cornstarch into a big pot. Include the nutmeg, turmeric, celery seed and pepper. Stir to mix, then add the drained zucchini. Bring to a boil above medium-substantial heat, then lessen the heat to medium-reduced, and simmer thirty minutes.
- Meanwhile, sterilize 7 one-pint jars and lids to hold relish. Pack relish into sterilized jars, making confident there are no spaces or air pockets. Fill jars all the way to prime. Screw on lids.
- Area a rack in the bottom of a massive stockpot and fill halfway with boiling water. Cautiously reduced jars into pot making use of a holder. Leave a 2 inch area among jars. Pour in much more boiling water if essential, right up until tops of jars are covered by two inches of water. Deliver water to a complete boil, then cover and method for thirty minutes.
- Take away jars from pot and location on cloth-covered or wood surface, several inches apart, until awesome. After great, press prime of every single lid with finger, making sure that seal is tight (lid does not move up or down at all).